About Me

My photo
I started bootcamp at Team Crossfit Academy in Monrovia, Ca in September 2010 after becoming fed up with what was staring back at me in the mirror. I decided to make a change. I completed 2 cycles of bootcamp and in January 2011 I had built up enough confidence to try the Crossfit fundamentals. I have been doing Crossfit half-assed ever since. Don't get me wrong, I love it...Nothing brings me greater joy than deadlifting...but I'm still sick of what I see in the mirror. The only thing that's changed is that I can lift more weight, I still eat like crap. I realize now that I MUST change my diet...drastically! March 28th marks the start of a 90 day "Paleo Challenge". This is a brutally honest look at my journey...

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2 weeks in

So I've got 2 weeks of Paleo eatin' under my belt...yep. So that's that. Maybe I built things up too much in my head, maybe I'm just feelin' a little cocky/confident. This isn't really that hard. Eat meat and vegetables. Ummm it couldn't get any easier. Well I say that now, but that's only because I have made sure to get into a routine of preparing and bringing my food to work. I'm sure if I didn't prepare, it would be a whole different ball game. I'm still a fast food junky, but now I only allow myself to go to 1 fast food place. Chipotle is my saving grace. I know that I can walk in there, make good choices and walk out satisfied. I used to order: Carnitas burrito, rice, sour cream, cheese, letttuce, pico, and chips and guac with a large coke. Now I order: Bowl: no rice, no beans, extra fajita veggies, double chicken, pico, guac on the side...Yummy! I don't really find myself second guessing my choices too much. I feel strong in my choices, in my thought process, and in my own skin. The results are amazing. One of the coaches says that the fat is just melting off of me. I used to have a VERY prominent tummy. I call it my kangaroo pouch. I had a "holy crap" moment when I put my workout pants on and noticed that something was missing. I'm super stoked on my progress so far...but I know it won't always be like this. I'm just taking it one choice at a time.

On another note, I can't stop talking about Crossfit. I will talk to anyone who will listen, even the random old man behind the counter at the comic store where I got my wonder woman shirt. I told him I was losing weight and I couldn't wait to fit into the shirt. He showed me his driver license photo showing he had lost 60 lbs. So I talked to him about Crossfit and the Masters program we have at the box. I even gave him the website to check out...actually I've given out the website like 5 or 6 times. Random. Join the revolution kids!

1 comment:

Redrum said...

Yay for dead lifts!!