About Me

My photo
I started bootcamp at Team Crossfit Academy in Monrovia, Ca in September 2010 after becoming fed up with what was staring back at me in the mirror. I decided to make a change. I completed 2 cycles of bootcamp and in January 2011 I had built up enough confidence to try the Crossfit fundamentals. I have been doing Crossfit half-assed ever since. Don't get me wrong, I love it...Nothing brings me greater joy than deadlifting...but I'm still sick of what I see in the mirror. The only thing that's changed is that I can lift more weight, I still eat like crap. I realize now that I MUST change my diet...drastically! March 28th marks the start of a 90 day "Paleo Challenge". This is a brutally honest look at my journey...

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

ALMOST 1 MONTH IN

It's obvious I am having commitment issues and therefore I cannot guarantee the frequency of my posts. I seriously have so much going on that it's ridiculous. Even though I might not be writing about it, I am still staying on plan. I find that my days off are more challenging than others. I like being at work, I guess being attached to a desk and phone has it's benefits...especially when I can see myself pleading temporary insanity when I run screaming from the building and I drive straight to In N Out. Food is an addiction for me, and most likely it always will be. The heroin addict in recovery probably thinks about a fix like 100 times a day. That's probably how often I think about Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream from Baskin Robbins. Like the addict in recovery, I have a choice to make. I can go get my fix...I mean I can drive there and get a double ice cream cone and I'm pretty sure I could stop at that. Just like the heroin/crack/coke/meth user could go and get just one hit/fix...right? I mean I stopped once, I could totally do it again. The only problem with that is I don't want to disappoint myself. All of my hard work would be shattered in an instant...and that's not ok with me. I'm one month in and am starting to settle into a new "normal". I'm cooking at home 90% of the time, packing lunches and I always have nuts in my purse...lol. For anyone out there that might be reading this, please try...just try the Paleo diet. It's an incredibly simple concept....and here are my results so far:

Me Day 1.



Me after 3 weeks on the Paleo Challenge:


.
Stay tuned...


No comments: