About Me

My photo
I started bootcamp at Team Crossfit Academy in Monrovia, Ca in September 2010 after becoming fed up with what was staring back at me in the mirror. I decided to make a change. I completed 2 cycles of bootcamp and in January 2011 I had built up enough confidence to try the Crossfit fundamentals. I have been doing Crossfit half-assed ever since. Don't get me wrong, I love it...Nothing brings me greater joy than deadlifting...but I'm still sick of what I see in the mirror. The only thing that's changed is that I can lift more weight, I still eat like crap. I realize now that I MUST change my diet...drastically! March 28th marks the start of a 90 day "Paleo Challenge". This is a brutally honest look at my journey...

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 1

So I decided to start eating Paleo effective last night. I went to Henry's and loaded my cart up with all sorts of stuff. I bought broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower, yellow squash, chicken, bacon, avocados, green bell peppers, macadamia nuts, cashews, jalapenos, apples, strawberries and some other stuff I can't remember right now. For dinner we had jalapeno poppers for a little appetizer. These are jalapenos stuffed with Abra's famous "nut cheese". They were tasty. We also had "Paleo Fried Chicken" which is basically a chicken breast dredged in egg and almond flour and fried up with a little bit of olive oil. Some zucchini and squash rounded out the meal. It was satisfying and my anti-paleo boyfriend even said he liked it. He has agreed to eat whatever I cook on this challenge and said he won't eat garbage around me, so he will benefit from my choices too. I totally planned ahead and packed my breakfast/lunch/snack last night so it was bagged up and ready to go this morning. For breakfast I had 1/2 of a leftover paleo fried chicken breast and 1/2 of an avocado. Lunch was more leftovers...the other half of the chicken breast, the other half of the avocado and more zucchini/squash. I cut the cream out of my morning coffee, and have had 2 bottles of water. This is my usual afternoon slump. This would usually be when I head to the break room to get Oreo's out of the vending machine. Have no fear!!! I planned ahead and instead of oreos I will be satisfying the sweettoothbeast within with 5 of the most glorious looking strawberries. I'm going to head to The Academy after work and see if I can weigh in and get measured. I'm debating on whether or not I will post the details. I mean, do I really want the entire world knowing how much I actually weigh? I know ya'll aren't stupid, and if I was really 135 (like it says on my drivers license) then I probably wouldn't be in this situation. I think that in order to accurately track my progress, I'm going to have to. Maybe I shouldn't be dreading sharing this info with the world. After all, the higher the number, the more successful I can be! Stay tuned...

No comments: