About Me

My photo
I started bootcamp at Team Crossfit Academy in Monrovia, Ca in September 2010 after becoming fed up with what was staring back at me in the mirror. I decided to make a change. I completed 2 cycles of bootcamp and in January 2011 I had built up enough confidence to try the Crossfit fundamentals. I have been doing Crossfit half-assed ever since. Don't get me wrong, I love it...Nothing brings me greater joy than deadlifting...but I'm still sick of what I see in the mirror. The only thing that's changed is that I can lift more weight, I still eat like crap. I realize now that I MUST change my diet...drastically! March 28th marks the start of a 90 day "Paleo Challenge". This is a brutally honest look at my journey...

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Garlic fries don't give a shit about your health" / Body Fat Percentage

hahahaha...The title cracks me up...more on that in a minute.

As you can see I have been absent for a couple of days. I decided to only blog on days I work because I want to spend my days off out and about, being active and having adventures. Plus, blogging at work keeps me focused on my goals and not on the jar of candy sitting on my coworkers desk. I told him I would pay him 100 bucks if he doesn't offer me sweets and crap and I win the challenge. Kinda sucks that I have to bribe people to support me, but whatever. So yeah, a couple of days off...and I failed miserably. I failed so miserably in fact that I think I ate worse than ever, including several trips to Baskin Robbins for chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Good god, the thought of it makes my mouth water. Even after all that, and after weighing in and getting all of my loveliness squeezed and calibrated with the little fat calipers, I still tried to convince my coach that I needed garlic fries at the Dodger game last night. I mean what's a Dodger game without a Dodger Dog and garlic fries? His response: "Do you deserve them?" No, of course not, I have been a miserable failure all weekend, but I kinda do because, well I mean they're garlic fries and I love them. Then coach told me "Garlic fries don't give a shit about your health" (this made  me want to roll around on the floor laughing) and some other stuff that I didn't really hear because I was still laughing inside my brain about the garlic fries until I heard something about being a "rad mom" and that got me focusing again. I want to be a rad mom (I'm totally on the verge of radness already). I want to break the cycle. I want to teach my daughter now, at 13, how she should eat for the rest of her life. If I can save her from this lifelong battle then I'll do it all day every day....It's not just me that I'm doing this for...It's also for my mom, my, daughter, for my boyfriend, for the money, it's because I can't remember what it feels like to wear a bathing suit. Because I want to shop at forever 21 and embarrass the crap out of my daughter by wearing stuff that is too young for my age. I want to look fantastic on my wedding day (when he finally asks...I already know dammit!!!) and have a couple more healthy babies...this is just the beginning. 89.5 days left....

Oh and here's my magic number...my body fat percentage. I'm not going to blabber on and on about it and analyze and make excuses...it is what it is....but not for loooooooooong!!!

39.3%

No comments: