About Me

My photo
I started bootcamp at Team Crossfit Academy in Monrovia, Ca in September 2010 after becoming fed up with what was staring back at me in the mirror. I decided to make a change. I completed 2 cycles of bootcamp and in January 2011 I had built up enough confidence to try the Crossfit fundamentals. I have been doing Crossfit half-assed ever since. Don't get me wrong, I love it...Nothing brings me greater joy than deadlifting...but I'm still sick of what I see in the mirror. The only thing that's changed is that I can lift more weight, I still eat like crap. I realize now that I MUST change my diet...drastically! March 28th marks the start of a 90 day "Paleo Challenge". This is a brutally honest look at my journey...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CELEBRATE THE LITTLE VICTORIES/AUTOMATED ME

Things I have noticed so far in the first 48 hours of eating Paleo:

1. I feel lighter. I don't feel as gross/bloated/fatty fatty boombalatty.
2. I ran longer yesterday during workout before I started walking
3. My workout was gnarly last night and I totally expected to wake up hurting like a mother effer, but I feel fantastic.

Ok so upon the advice of a friend, and in an effort to remain in a positive mindset, I am going to celebrate every single little victory. Every time I consciously don't make a bad choice, I am going to pat myself on the back and purposefully smile a great big smile. One of our employees resigned effective today. He brought several boxes of warm Krispy Kreme doughnuts with him to his exit interview. Normally I would have had 3. I didn't have any...I did curse at him in my head, but I smiled politely and eeked out a "No Thank You". I turned down Krispy Kreme and all of their super sweet ooey gooey chewy warm melty yumminess. That,  my friends, is a victory in and of itself. Then the phone rang...turns out my daughter kinda sorta ditched her last period class and wasn't where she was supposed to be. That lit the fuse and mommy was pissed and on fire. My co worker's survival instincts kicked in and he immediately ran for the vending machine and deposited his 50 cents and out popped a pretty little blue and white package of 6 little Oreo turds of deliciousness. So much for me kicking him 100 bucks for supporting me on this Paleo thing. There was no way I was going to let his 50 cents destroy my chances at $4100. Again, I smiled and politely said "No Thank You". Then I told him he was a total and complete ass (he is genetically predisposed to this ailment, he is male). Instead, I reached in the fridge here in the office and pulled out my new definition of "sweets". I had an orange and a handful of strawberries. HA!!! TAKE THAT!!!

Shortly after, I had to head down the hallway to take care of some business in payroll. I got the answer to my question, turned in some necessary forms and immediately sunk my hand into the bowl on the counter filled with Kit Kat and Snickers bites. WHAT WAS I THINKING??? That's the thing, I wasn't. It was such a natural thing for me to do...like I was on autopilot. I'm not that girl anymore, not today. I'm in control of me...and it feels great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo proud of you for your victories today. It takes guts to do what you're doing! Love ya :-)

Amalia said...

Previous comment by me.