About Me

My photo
I started bootcamp at Team Crossfit Academy in Monrovia, Ca in September 2010 after becoming fed up with what was staring back at me in the mirror. I decided to make a change. I completed 2 cycles of bootcamp and in January 2011 I had built up enough confidence to try the Crossfit fundamentals. I have been doing Crossfit half-assed ever since. Don't get me wrong, I love it...Nothing brings me greater joy than deadlifting...but I'm still sick of what I see in the mirror. The only thing that's changed is that I can lift more weight, I still eat like crap. I realize now that I MUST change my diet...drastically! March 28th marks the start of a 90 day "Paleo Challenge". This is a brutally honest look at my journey...

Monday, March 21, 2011

This has to stop

I've been thinking about this 90 day Paleo Challenge alot. In fact it has basically consumed my thoughts all weekend. I am tired of being a fat ass. I've actually been tired for a long time. The only problem is, I love food. I love all of the things that are bad for me. Cheese, fried stuff, soda, beer, mmmmm beer. Not only do I love it, I love it frequently. I have been living the fast food lifestyle ever since I can remember. Basically every meal for me is fast food, it's ridiculous. I eat this crap then wonder why I can't be cute and fun like the skinny girls. I don't want to be skinny anymore. I just want to be healthy. lt has become more and more obvious that the only thing that is going to help me lose weight/get healthy is to monitor what I put in my mouth. I cannot continue to eat crap and think that just because I work out a couple of times a week that I'm going to wake up one day skinny as hell with a rock hard ass. Not happening. So I decided I'm going to do it. I'm going to completely change my diet and eating habits and I'm going to eat like a cave man for 90 days. Starting today...or so I thought. So, remember how this has been consuming my thoughts all weekend? Yeah well I've basically been taking a foodie tour of southern california eating everything I possibly can that I know I'm going to "miss" on this challenge. For my "last meal' I went to Jack In The Box for lunch today because weigh in/measuring is tonight. This is what I ate:

1. Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger
2. Medium Size Curly Fries
3. Regular Size Dr. Pepper
4. Regular Size Oreo Cookie Shake.

I actually can't believe I am writing it down for the world to see. It's kind of embarrasing. What's even more embarassing is that I just discovered that the Challenge doesn't start until next Monday, the 28th. I don't care though. I'm going to start tonight anyway...I think. Here goes nothin'...it's just one choice at a time, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You GO girl! I know you can do it!

Unknown said...

We can do it!